All of our presentations are custom fit for your school's climate. Presentations are available for faculty and parent body audiences.
Five Practices for Ethically Strong Kids
Based off of the popular text Parenting for Character: Five Experts, Five Practices, CSEE Executive Director and nationally certified school psychologist David Streight takes parents though an enjoyable, timely presentation that outlines the five practices, and offers concrete suggestions for their use. Some of the topics covered include:
- The importance of high academic and behavioral standards
- Offering good character models
- Minimizing conflict with teens and pre-teens
- What kind of nurturing young people need (and don't need
- Discipline that both works, and develops ethical reasoning
- Fostering Goodness: What the Experts Say to Parents
We asked over a dozen nationally recognized experts in a variety of child-related fields to offer their top suggestions for raising good kids. There was significant overlap in the advice that was provided. This presentation highlights these examples and specific suggestions, such as the importance of strong relationships, high expectations, building inner motivation, offering meaningful roles for students / children to play, and more.