A consultation in advisory programs assists schools in their efforts to create new advisory programs, or to infuse new life into existing programs. It is possible for schools to integrate an advisory program in such a way that both students and teachers feel the time is productive and worthwhile. The consultant’s goal is to equip advisors with appropriate insights, materials and methods to do the best possible job.
- What makes a good advisory program?
- What are good strategies for advising individual students?
- What activities work best with groups of students?
- How do advisors work best with the school counselor?
- What kinds of activities help advisee groups feel a sense of unity and purpose?
- How can we link our advisory program to our character education program?