About this Event
This annual, one-day meeting brings together nationally recognized scholars and secondary school religion teachers from around North America to make contacts and hear about new developments in the study of the major religious traditions of the world. Scholars will share their latest research, and secondary school teachers will share information about projects they are working on and classroom activities.
Attendees at this event receive a discounted rate to attend the proceeding American Academy of Religion Meeting (this event takes place on Friday, and AAR runs Saturday, Sunday, Monday). Once registered for CSEE's meeting, a link will be emailed to register for the reduced rate at AAR. Please call CSEE with any questions: 800.298.4599.
The Next Meeting
Click here to sign up for our next meeting: Friday, November 18th in San Antonio, Texas!
"Great range of presentations in a small amount of time. Very rich."
"I found the Teacher-to-Teacher session very useful!"
"I liked the combination of teacher sharing and scholar sharing, and simply having the opportunity to talk with other teachers makes it worthwhile."
November 20, 2015 - Atlanta, GA
- Gary Laderman, Ph.D. - Celebrity Worship, Sexual Ecstasies, and Religious Life in the United States: The Spiritual Victories of the 1960s Counterculture Today
- Michael Friedman - Jewish Denominationalism From Renewal to Ultra-Orthodoxy
- Joyce Burkhalter Flueckiger - Goddesses, Rituals, and Narratives Left Behind: A South Indian Village Goddess Missing in the Diaspora
November 21, 2014 - San Diego, CA
- Christopher Key Chappel, Ph.D. - The Five Great Elements in Indian Religion
- Asif Azhar - Teaching Islam
- Robin R. Wang - Qi for Life: The Daoist Account of Spiritual Equanimity