The CSEE Certification Program provides member schools the means to bring the same level of rigorous analysis to non-academic goals that is traditionally given to academic areas. CSEE customizes the inquiry to meet the needs of each school and its mission and culture.
Once the school and CSEE have customized the process, the school writes a report that is reviewed by CSEE staff and representatives from other CSEE schools. A CSEE staff member and the representatives then visit the school to see its practices in action, and draw from interviews, conversations and observations to present a report intended to provide a deeper reflection on the school’s success, and recommend areas of improvement.
The process concludes with the school creating an action plan based on its reflections and the visiting team recommendations. Later, CSEE returns to hear about action plan progress and offer guidance.
The CSEE Certification Program offers a school:
• A vehicle for on-going self-improvement
• Deeper collaboration around school goals
• Evidence of its success in and commitment to providing for the well-being of its community
• Greater insight into the impact the school is making in its community
• Ideas and recommendations from a like-minded peer at a school that shares the same goals and is not a competitor
• A professional development opportunity for someone from the school community to serve on a team reviewing a school that shares the same goals.
CSEE provides public recognition for schools that have successfully completed this process. If you would like to talk about this Program for your school, please contact Bob Mattingly.
Click here for an example of questions used recently for a school certification process.